UPDATE: Dec 2013 – It’s been some time since I used or updated this script. I plan to leave it here for those that wish to download, but I won’t be able to help any longer if you can’t get it working. It’s yours to edit as you like, and I wish you all the best, but please remember that I do not support it any longer or warranty it (ever!).
This script is designed to maintain a working “sync” between Evernote and Things Mac.
Things is my all time favourite GTD software for the Mac, but I’ve always been disappointed that its developers have never considered building an Android app.
I use this script to compensate, effectively making Evernote my Things Mac Android App.
What it does
There are only 2 things I really need for an effective mobile GTD solution
- An ability to very quickly add a task or idea using my Android phone
- A way to review my “Next” items using my Android
Additionally (of course) it all needs to sync up with my Mac, via the cloud.
The script uses Evernote to achieve a 2 way “sync”:
- It establishes an Evernote “Inbox” and creates a Things to do for any note in there that was created using an Android device
- It reads the “Next” list from Things and maintains an Evernote note that matches that list
- The script is saved as an application. It keeps running all the time once you launch it. It’s totally open, so you can open it with an Applescript editor and make any changes you like (see licence below).
- On first launch, 2 notebooks will be created in Evernote. “.Inbox” (for collected tasks and ideas) and “.Next” (where the review list will be maintained)
- I find it best to make the “Inbox” notebook the default notebook for Evernote. This can’t be done with Applescript, so just right-click the notebook and choose “Notebook settings”. This will be the default insertion point for all your notes, even those made on the Mac, but only those that originally came from the Android phone will be made into Things To Dos.
This script is made available, without restriction or warranty, based upon the X11 License
See here for more details
for more details