Over the years, I’ve often been frustrated by two aspects of the resources I’m able to find when learning (teaching myself) something new about developing software.
- There’s always some assumed knowledge
- There’s always some stuff that’s assumed to be installed on my computer
oh, and …
- It feels like AGES between when I start learning and when the fun begins (I build something useful!)
So I thought I’d make a free NodeJS course for people that are completely new to NodeJS, or even development itself – and try to make mine a little different.
Inspired by the great John Muir, my course is a set of step-by-step procedures for building an NodeJS web app from scratch.
The course is just a series of YouTube videos that will take anyone at all, from a brand new clean Mac OS, through the process of installing everything you need to start coding. With that all done, I teach you how to created a fun, simple, but useful app using Express and MongoDB, every step of the way, using concepts and language that everybody can understand.
This is a course that:
- Doesn’t assume you’ve ever made an app before
- Gets you from there to coding to your own app faster than any other course I’ve found
It’s also not a typing course, so unless you’re a glutton for punishment, download the course snippets here!
Hope you have fun with it. That’s what it’s for. Remember – it’s designed to get you there FAST with a good grasp of what’s going on. It’s definitely NOT a best-practice web app deep dive.
Go on and have-a-go.